Personal Data Protection Notice
Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), EFS Revision Group and its affiliates (“EFS”) are committed to protecting the personal data of our users. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis on which we collect, use, process and disclose personal data in accordance with the PDPA and the guidelines set out by the Personal Data Protection Department (“Department”) in Malaysia.
Personal data refers to any information which relates to an individual and which enables us to identify that individual, either directly or indirectly (“Personal Data”).
By using our websites, applications or by otherwise giving EFS your Personal Data, you are accepting the practices as laid out in this Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice, please refrain from using our websites, applications or otherwise provide us with any of your Personal Data. This Notice may be updated periodically.
Source of Personal Data Collection
EFS collects personal data in the following ways:
- When you request a proposal or quotation from us
- When you make a payment on our website
- When you subscribe to our newsletter or other communications
- When you participate in surveys or contests
- When you submit feedback or enquiries through our website
- When you interact with us through our social media pages
- When you accept cookies on our website (if any)
Types of Personal Data Collected
The types of personal data we collect may include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, gender and payment information.
Purpose of Collection, Use, Processing and Disclosure of Personal Data
The personal data collected by EFS may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us
- To process and fulfil your purchase or engagement of our service
- To send you updates, newsletters or other communications related to our products and services (voluntary)
- To conduct surveys and contests (if any)
- To improve our website and services
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems (if any)
- To comply with legal obligations and enforce our rights
Failure to provide certain Personal Data which are related to the delivery of our service may result in the inability to fulfill your request from us.
Disclosure of Personal Data
EFS will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless:
- You have given your consent
- It is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected
- It is required by law
- It is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of EFS, its users or the public
Retention of Personal Data
EFS will retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by law.
You have the rights to:
- Correct/update your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com
- Access your personal data which we process and keep with us
- Stop any of our communications and/or promotions sent to you
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data. However, if you choose to do so and the data is vital to the performance of our services, we may not be able to fulfill our obligations towards your request.
Security of Personal Data
EFS takes reasonable steps to protect the personal data that we collect from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. These steps include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring your personal data is kept as required by Act 709
- By ensuring our staff not to misuse your personal data
Nevertheless, you are required to ensure the security of your personal information and not to disclose it to another party to reduce the risk of data breaches.
Changes to this Notice
This Notice may be updated from time to time. The latest version of this Notice will be posted on our website.
If you have any questions about this Notice or our handling of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Notice was last updated on February 2023.